Chambers & Partners, Latin Lawyer, Which Lawyer PLC, Legal 500 and IFLR1000 include Juan Luis Hernández in their rankings among a select list of lawyers specializing in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions. Recipient of Latin Lawyer’s 2011 Law Firm Leader Awards, given to lawyers who lead firms in Latin American countries.
Master of Laws (LL.M), 1997-1998
Fulbright Commission Fellow (1997-1998)
Introductory course on the American Legal System (July 1997 – August 1997)
Fulbright Commission Fellow (July 1997 – August 1997)
Lawyer Degree obtaining the mention of Outstanding (July 1995)
Bachelor of Law Faculty of Law. Graduated in the First Place of his promotion (March 1988 – July 1994)
Recognized as First Place of the Faculty of Law (1992)
– Member of various company directories and investment committees of different funds.
– Member of the Superior Council of Arbitration of the Lima Chamber of Commerce (2020-2021).
– Member of the Reform Commission of the General Law of Companies appointed by the Ministry of Justice (2017).
– Independent Consultant of the World Bank for investment climate issues and foreign investment legal framework.
– International Associate at Shearman & Sterling – New York (1998-1999).
– Legal Area of the National Supervisory Commission of Companies and Securities – CONASEV (current Superintendency of the Securities Market) (1994).
– Lecturer in various national and international forums in Banking and Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, and the Capital Markets.
– Professor of Public Limited Companies Law at the Law School of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
– Professor of Securities Market Regulation at the Law School of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
– Professor of Mergers and Acquisitions at the Law School of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
– Coordinating Professor of the Commercial Law area of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (2008-2014).
– Professor of Commercial Law at Universidad del Pacífico.
– Professor of various courses on Corporate Law in different master’s degrees at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú and in law or business schools at other universities.
– Considered by the leading global rankings as one of the most prominent and recognized transactional lawyers in Peru, appearing at the top of shortlists, especially in “Banking and Finance,” “Capital Markets,” and “Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions.” Indeed Chambers & Partners, Latin Lawyer, Which Lawyer PLC, Legal 500, IFLR1000, Who’s Who include it in their rankings within a select shortlist of lawyers specializing in these matters.
-In 2011, he was recognized with the Latin Lawyer’s 2011 Law Firm Leader Awards, awarded to lawyers who lead firms in Latin American countries.
– In 2004, Latin Lawyer included him in its ranking “20 under 40”, a list of lawyers under 40 years of age who enjoy the highest recognition.
– Lima Bar Association.
– Arbitrator of the Lima Chamber of Commerce.
– Arbitrator American Chambers of Commerce (AMCHAM).
– Member of the Advisory Commission on Company and Corporate Law of the Lima Bar Association.
– Civil Association IUS ET VERITAS – Law Review – of the Law School of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Executive Director 1993-1994).
“I liked that, given that we were in a transaction that had to close quickly, he was conciliatory and very pro-deal. He is also timely without neglecting our interests.”
“Juan Luis Hernández intervenes on the most crucial issues.”
“Juan Luis Hernández stands out for his comprehensive and strategic vision of the Peruvian capital markets sphere.”
“He is a well-rounded senior adviser with a very strong level of service and a great commercial awareness.”
“He goes straight to the point, finds the most important points in the transaction and then closes the deal in his client’s favour. He is very pro-business.”
“Juan Luis Hernández is a brilliant lawyer who is able to go into the minute detail of every contract,” while a third adds: “He has vast experience in investment and fund formation and has a broad network to assist with cross-border transactions.”
“Juan Luis Hernández is an outstanding lawyer. He has a level of depth and clarity that are key to us when it comes to finding innovative solutions and managing complex situations.”
The Legal 500 (2022)
“Juan Luis Hernández excels in strategic thinking and forward-looking advice, combining several legal aspects, with peerless handling of various client stakeholders.”
The Legal 500 (2022)
“Many of the firm’s banking and finance names are also visible on corporate and M&A work. These include Juan Luis Hernández, a top choice among in-house counsel and recognized in LACCA Approved.”
Latin Lawyer (24th edition)