- Universidad de Lima, 1992.
- Graduate studies in International Trade at Asociación de Exportadores (ADEX) and Portland State University.
- Master’s in Tax Law from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Hernández & Cía Abogados Law Firm (1992 to present).
- Former Professor of Customs Taxation in the Master’s Program in Taxation and Fiscal Policy of the Graduate School at Universidad de Lima and the Master’s Program in Tax Law at Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Chambers & Partners and Latin Lawyer, recognize Leonardo López annually as a recommended specialist in customs and tax matters.
- In its 2008, 2009, and 2011 editions, International Tax Review named Hernández & Cía. Abogados as Peru Tax Firm of the Year, as part of its recognition of the world’s best tax firms.
- Lima Bar Association.
- Director of the Lima Chamber of Commerce in 2010 and 2011.
- Former Vice President of the Foreign Trade Committee (X.COM) of the Lima Chamber of Commerce for the 2011 period.
- Member of the Tax Commission and Customs and Ports Commission of the Lima Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Multi-Sectorial Services Commission created by the Service Exports Act.
- Member of the Sectorial Citizens’ Customs Council.
- Former member of the Peru Commission of the Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA).
- Active member of the Peruvian Institute of Tax Law.