José Manuel Abastosjabastos@ehernandez.com.pe
Projects, Infrastructure and Construction, Energy, Banking and Finance,
Capital Markets, Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 1985.
- International Law Institute, Washington D.C. – Legal Aspects of Privatization, 1993.
- International Development Law Institute, Rome – Construction Contracts, 1991.
- Hernández & Cía Abogados Law Firm (2005 to present).
- Director of Cementos Norte Pacasmayo S.A. and Citileasing S.A. (2004).
- Vice President and Legal Manager of Citibank (operation in Peru), as well as being responsible for the supervision of the Legal Department of Citibank in Bolivia (1996-2003).
- Foreign attorney at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom (2001-2002).
- Associate corporate attorney at Baker & Mckenzie in New York (1995-1996).
- Director of the Legal Department of the Private Investment Promotion Commission (COPRI, now Proinversión) (1992-1995).
- Internal legal advisor in corporate and construction affairs at COSAPI (1991-1992).
- Attorney in the Legal Department of Unión de Cervecerías Backus y Johnston S.A.A. (1986-1988).
- The journal Latin Finance recognized José Manuel Abastos with the Best Project/Infrastructure Financing 2012 Award for Terminales Portuarios Euroandinos Paita $110 m 2037 Bond.
- Chambers & Partners and IFLR 1000, have recognized José Manuel annually as a recommended specialist in Financing, the Stock Exchange, and Banking, as well as Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions.
Lima Bar Association.
Spanish and English.